Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful only at Thanksgiving

We tend to reflect on what we are thankful for on certain occassions. Thanksgiving, recovering from illness, Christmas, birth, funeral, close call, etc..... We tend to group our thanks around family, health, shelter, transportation, etc. I challenge you to dig deeper. What are you thankful for...it can big and small it can be family and health or it could be your favorite pair of fuzzy slippers or simply put it could be for the fact you woke up and can breath on your own.

Since we are entering a Thanksgiving and reflecting on our blessings, what are yours? What gives you joy? What gives you hope? What gives you pleasure? What gives you life?

Stacey's Reflections:
God.
Jesus dying on the cross for me.
Holy Spirit that lives.
My husband who loves his family dearly.
My children who grace me with their enthusiasm daily over small things.
Plastic monkeys ....that make a family.
Photos spread out over a large area reflecting true blessings over the years.
My children's wishes to what they want to be when they grow older...
SON: transformer man or dinosaur.
DAUGHTER: artist, teacher, librarian, vet.
God showing me my children's gifts already.
Insulin pump and Diet Coke. (a match made in heaven).
YOU!

No comments: