Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wandering EYE


I've seen his kind before. A big man in width with a full head of hair. Eyes set close to each other with a bright smile. The kind of man that shows his "manlyhood" by puffing out his chest when he walks & when he sits. Arms never touching the sides of his body. I often wondered why men do that. In my mind I imagine they all wear a TON of cologne and have hairy chests. This gentleman didn't have a hairy chest and all I could smell was chlorine, but he fit the sterotype I had in my mind.

He was at pool side with his young sons. His oldest son was a mini-me of his dad. Brash, loud, wanting control of the toys and a bit of a bully...yet a little boy quality always at surface. That quality surfaces when there is something the young boy (or man) WANTS from the opposite sex.

Since I'm living in my reality world....Not 21, unable to look AWESOME in the hip bathing suit and staying out of the sun so my already prominent wrinkles don't turn into deep crevices....my purpose, my job at any swimming pool now a days is to keep order among the children. On this particular day it was with all the testosterone toddler boys. Mamas don't raise their boys to turn out like this...they are BORN like this.

Did any of you ever watch the movie "10" with Bo Derek? Remember the scene where she is in slow motion running along the beach toward Dudly Moore? I kid you not, this happened at my neighborhood pool. I'm in kiddie pool land open to the blazing sun showing every dimple and blemish trying to maintain order with boys who aren't my own when Bo Derek strolls in. Okay, her hair wasn't in cornrows, but it was blonde and beautiful. Men stop, Men stare, Men drool. HELLO!!!!!! Earth to Wandeing Eye, can you control your kids! Once again, I repeat, Mamas don't raise their boys to turn out like this, daddy's teach by example!

Wandering Eye forgot he was a dad. Wandering Eye forgot his youngest couldn't swim. Wandering Eye forgot his bully boy wasn't following the rules and didn't hear his sons LOUD voice. Wandering Eye forgot he isn't 21. Wandering Eye forgot he was married. Thankfully his wife wasn't there, then it would have been Wandering Bloody Eye. I watched Wandering Eye forget all responsibility as he sat poolside ooooozzzzing and schmoooozzzzing with Bo.

Mirror, mirror on the wall.......................

No comments: